[hpsdr] Static IP address for Metis

Giovanni Santin gsantin at mclink.it
Sat Jan 7 10:14:16 PST 2012

My metis is connected directly to the only one ethernet port on my PC.
Bored to wait every time for metis to obtain an APIPA IP address, I would like to set a static IP address using the BootLoader function but I am intimidated by the warning of appendix A about this function being provided for advanced users that understand the implications of setting a fixed IP address.
I guess that setting the IP address to metis is like to give her a name so that, as soon activity is started on the connection, the PC will acknowledge the name and start communicating and no time wasted. I'm guessing correctly ?
Please, do not crucify me, I'm just a radio guy that started vith vacuum tubes .

Thanks
Giovanni, IZ0SQZ