[hpsdr] Static IP address for Metis

Dan Mitchell danmitchell at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:19:39 PST 2012

Giovanni;

You are correct.

73,

Dan, W0IQ

  _____

From: hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org
[mailto:hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org] On Behalf Of Giovanni Santin
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 10:14 AM
To: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
Subject: [hpsdr] Static IP address for Metis

My metis is connected directly to the only one ethernet port on my PC.

Bored to wait every time for metis to obtain an APIPA IP address, I would
like to set a static IP address using the BootLoader function but I am
intimidated by the warning of appendix A about this function being provided
for advanced users that understand the implications of setting a fixed IP
address.

I guess that setting the IP address to metis is like to give her a name so
that, as soon activity is started on the connection, the PC will acknowledge
the name and start communicating and no time wasted. I'm guessing correctly
?

Please, do not crucify me, I'm just a radio guy that started vith vacuum
tubes .

Thanks

Giovanni, IZ0SQZ