[hpsdr] Problems building ghpsdr receiver client (from ghpsdr3 project) on Mac OSX

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Jan 9 00:41:51 PST 2012

On Jan 9, 2012, at 12:29 AM, Sid Boyce wrote:

> You are missing the -dev package if you are using Ubuntu or any debian system. The package names will differ with openSUSE, Fedora, etc. but your package manager will help.
> "sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev"
>
> # dpkg -S /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h
> libgtk2.0-dev: /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h
>
> # dpkg -S /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkkeysyms.h
> libgtk2.0-dev: /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkkeysyms.h
> 73 ... Sid.

From the message:

>> ghpsdr3 project for Mac OSX.

No apt-get on MacOS.

/usr/include/gtk-2.0 doesn't look like a normal path for gtk on MacOS X unless you compiled it with --prefix=/usr, which would be highly not recommended.  The MacOS package managers would shove things somewhere like /sw or /opt in my experience.  You may need to give ghpsdr3 a hint where to find gtk.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com