[hpsdr] Problems building ghpsdr receiver client (from ghpsdr3 project) on Mac OSX

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Mon Jan 9 08:05:10 PST 2012

> /usr/include/gtk-2.0 doesn't look like a normal path for gtk on MacOS X
> unless you compiled it with --prefix=/usr, which would be highly not
> recommended.  The MacOS package managers would shove things somewhere
> like /sw or /opt in my experience.  You may need to give ghpsdr3 a hint
> where to find gtk.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I think Jeremy is on the right track. It
looks like MacPorts (the Mac package manager) is putting the gtk (and
probably other libraries) files in a non-standard place, or at least
someplace other than where the ghpsdr3 source code expects it. I'll see if I
can fix the references, and will post here if I get it working.

Jeremy, I see that you did something similar with Mac-Ghpsdr. Did you run
into any other issues that I'm likely to encounter with ghpsdr3? BTW I did
try to run Heterodyne. It looks like a nice app; but right now I have a
problem making the Ethernet interface work for my configuration. The Mac is
a laptop, connected to a wireless router. Metis is connected to an Ubuntu
system wired Ethernet port, and a second (wireless) interface on the Ubuntu
system connects to the aforementioned wireless router.

I don't know whether the high data rate connection to Metis will work
satisfactorily through my wifi router, but I want to give it a try. I
implemented IP forwarding on the Ubuntu system, and the MacBook can ping all
the way through to Metis. It would be helpful if Heterodyne allowed me to
specify the Metis Ethernet address, in which case I could connect with my
current configuration. Since Heterodyne relies only on the discovery
protocol, I need to implement a bridge between the two Ubuntu Ethernet
interfaces, so the broadcast frames reach Metis. I did this with Ubuntu
bridge-tools, but it's not working correctly. I have a post on the Ubuntu
forums about it (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1906359), and if I
get it working, I'll post the results here.

Mark - K4XML