[hpsdr] Problems building ghpsdr receiver client (from ghpsdr3 project) on Mac OSX

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Tue Jan 10 21:14:06 PST 2012

> I think all you should need to do is define a "CFLAGS" environment
> variable that has an "-I" switch in it that points to whereever the
> headers are.  Spotlight will find the header files for you.
>
> After you do thios you will come to the next problem:  Linking.  If
> the headers are in a different place then I bet the library files are
> also.  You will need to add the "-L" switch also to CFLAGS.

Thanks for the pointer, Chris. I must be doing something wrong, however.

For example, to address this error:

agc.c:30:21: error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

I found the location of gtk.h, which is

/opt/local/include/gtk-1.2/gtk

Then I entered

export CFLAGS="-l /opt/local/include/gtk-1.2/" (since the source code
was looking for gtk/gtk.h)

And I ran make again, but I got the same error message.

I also tried export CFLAGS="-l /opt/local/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/"

Any idea what I'm missing?

Mark - K4XML