[hpsdr] Problems building ghpsdr receiver client (from ghpsdr3 project) on Mac OSX

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:43:20 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Mark Leone <midnightjava at verizon.net> wrote:

> > /usr/include/gtk-2.0 doesn't look like a normal path for gtk on MacOS X
> > unless you compiled it with --prefix=/usr, which would be highly not
> > recommended.  The MacOS package managers would shove things somewhere
> > like /sw or /opt in my experience.  You may need to give ghpsdr3 a hint
> > where to find gtk.
> >

> Thanks all for the suggestions. I think Jeremy is on the right track. It
> looks like MacPorts (the Mac package manager) is putting the gtk (and
> probably other libraries) files in a non-standard place, or at least
> someplace other than where the ghpsdr3 source code expects it. I'll see if
> can fix the references, and will post here if I get it working.

I think all you should need to do is define a "CFLAGS" environment variable
that has an "-I" switch in it that points to whereever the headers are.
 Spotlight will find the header files for you.

After you do thios you will come to the next problem:  Linking.  If the
headers are in a different place then I bet the library files are also.
 You will need to add the "-L" switch also to CFLAGS.

The better fix is to have a "configure" script search for and test the
required libraries.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California