[hpsdr] Looking for a Procedure for using Terasic USB Blaster to Upgrade Firmware

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Jan 14 04:31:13 PST 2012

Chris,

I can assure you that I would dearly love to have this facility when using
Metis. Adding JTAG programming support from Metis was more difficult than
writing the entire Ethernet code and took almost as long.  There were
numerous errors and omissions in the Altera documentation, as well a
proprietary code, and there were many times when I seriously considered
shipping a Chinese USB Blaster clone with every Metis board :)

I was able to  read the JTAG chain, and detect multiple cards, but I
couldn't get the code to work to program any card in the chain.

If someone is willing to have a go I'd be more than happy to support them.

73 Phil....VK6APH