[hpsdr] Mercury LEDs 9 and 10 alternately flashing.

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jan 24 05:57:22 PST 2012

Hi Perry,

In addition to Dave's message:

If LEDs 9 & 10 are flashing my guess is that your clock jumpers  on the boards are probably okay.

For single-Mercury operation (only one Mercury board on the Atlas bus) the default (no Excalibur) jumpers are

JP8     jumpered (10 MHz clock enable, TCXO)
JP9     jumpered (122.88 MHz module enable, VCXO)
"CLK SEL"  =  "I"      (lower two pins jumpered, internal)

MSEL
"2"  ->  "0" ( lower two pins jumpered)
"1"  -> "1"  (upper two pins jumpered)
"0"   -> "0"  (lower two pins jumpered)

no jumpers on J5

As two Mercs are doing the same thing and you are using Ozy, I would look at the possibility of having an incompatible or corrupted Ozy_Janus.rbf file in the folder for which you have your PowerSDR.exe file, if that's the PC program you are running.  Usually a fresh download of the PC program folder will fix that.

Also, keep in mind that early versions of firmware are not compatible with later PC programs.  If you aren't using the latest firmware I'd suggest updating to it for use with the latest PC programs.

73,  Joe K5SO