[hpsdr] TAPR V/s Apache Labs

M.B.Singh mbsingh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:08:42 PDT 2012

This is a good news that Hermes finally going to see the light of the
day after such a long wait as TAPR opened its booking till July 25th and
Ken N9VV announced that Apache-Labs is opening bookings after July 25th.

TAPR selling Hermes for $895 without any warranty. I would like to know
from Ken what would be the price of their ANAN-10 complete with Power
Amplifier and Housing or otherwise?
I would like to know if ANAN-10 would be coming with a full one year's
warranty?

If it comes with warranty and price is not more than 10-15% of what TAPR
is offering, It makes sense to buy one with warranty as this radio is
not just any other kit worth $50. I would personally choose one with
warranty by paying 10-15% extra and have a nice sleep for a year.

73

Bhanu
VU2MB

--