[hpsdr] ADC Question

Larry Gadallah lgadallah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:32:37 PDT 2012

I'm building a second Mercury board up from scratch, and I'm considering
using a different ADC, from the same family as the LTC2208; the LTC2207
which is pin-compatible with the LTC2208 and offers slightly better ENOB
and SFDR but at a little slower sample rate (105 MSPS versus 130, and yes,
you would lose some or all of the 6M band in doing this).

Since the stock Mercury uses the 122.88 MHz clock to drive the ADC, I
presume that this clock would have to be slowed down to something less than
105 Mhz to work with the LTC2207. My question is: What else would this
affect? Could one card on the Atlas bus run at it's own clock rate compared
to the rest? Would the firmware still work asynchronously, or does it have
the 122.88 Mhz clock "hardcoded" in places?

Thanks,
--
Larry Gadallah, VE6VQ/W7                          lgadallah AT gmail DOT com
PGP Sig: B5F9 C4A8 8517 82AC 16B6  02B6 0645 69F0 1F29 A512