[hpsdr] ADC Question

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jul 24 11:57:01 PDT 2012

Hi Larry,

The Metis board currently runs with a 125 MHz clock while Penelope and Mercury use 122.88 MHz, so different clock speeds isn't critical but needs to be considered in the firmware routies.  The IQ data output needs to be 192KHz/96KHz/48KHz selectable for the IQ streams out of the Mercury to be compatible with the current scheme and with the other Mercury.

Further, if you were planning to use the two Mercury boards for coherent phasing operations such as diversity/steering/direction finding ops, it would be difficult (impossible?) using two different ADC sampling rates and different clocks on the two receiver boards.

73, Joe K5SO