[hpsdr] Software Developer Looking to contribute

chris at chrismitchellhome.net chris at chrismitchellhome.net
Mon Jul 30 20:19:10 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I'm a software developer with a lot of experience in C# and C++, specifically in performance and scalability optimization.  My day job for the last 10+ years is mainly in C#.   I've also just recently pre-orded a Hermes/ANON-10 and would like to give back to the OPENHPSDR community.  As I'm new, I don't have a laundy list of features I want, but instead am willing to throw myself to the community and ask the main contributors to PowerSDR and KISS (or others)  if there are ways I can help in a coordinated way (and specific areas within the the projects where this help is welcome).

Ideas:

Code cleanup/reorganization/factoring (coordinated with others to prevent howling)

Bug fixes

Performance consluting/fixing

All of these (and others) would allow me to get some familiarity with the codebase and and the same time contribute.  I'm not comfortable yet with main algorithms in DSP, however.

Thanks,

Chris Mitchell KE9M

Seattle, WA (soon to be moving, however, to Oslo, Norway)