[hpsdr] Comparison

N4IS n4is at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 11:51:46 PDT 2012

Roger

I'm new on this list and I ordered the Hermes board; now I'm concerned how
it handles the RX antenna. I'm very active on 160m and external RX antenna
is a must, the complication is the isolation between TX and RX port. My Rx
antenna has low gain and weak signals is just above noise level near -130
dBm, standard relay isolation near 60db is not enough to hold the strong
signals from the TX antenna leaking into the RX port.

Today I'm using high speed high isolation SMA switches with 100 db
isolation.

My question for the group it is possible  to select external RX antenna on
Hermes/ANAN-10 for HF bands?

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS