[hpsdr] Comparison

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun Jul 15 14:01:51 PDT 2012

Hi Jose,

Hermes has two antenna connectors, one for RX and one for TX. There
is no on-board T/R antenna switching.

Antenna T/R switching must be done externally. Both Apollo and
Anan-10 provide this. In addition Anan-10 provides three antenna
inputs, but they are used to select a transceive antenna, not an
RX-only antenna. With Anan-10 you could switch the antenna to a
different (RX-only) antenna during receive, but you cannot select any
antenna but the TX antenna during transmit. This might work for you
unless you want to listen on an RX antenna (such as a Beverage) while
you are transmitting.

You could use Alex-RX to perform this function. I don't think that
you will get anything close to 100dB of isolation any way you do it,
since Alex, Apollo and Anan all use standard relays.

Take a look at the schematics for all three boards, and you can see
if you can hook it up to do what you want it to.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI