[hpsdr] Card slot order

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Jul 20 12:15:23 PDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Tim O'Rourke wrote:

> I am re-configuring Pandora to install Alex boards (yep real slow here!)
> I would like to spread boards out a bit to help with cable management.
> I know earl on there were issues with board placement, not sure if this is still critical.
> Here is what I would like to do:
> J1 Ozy (farthest from power supply)
> J2
> J3 Penny
> J4
> J5 Mercury
> J6 Excalibur
>
> Anyone one else running boards spread out?

The only recommendation that I've heard is to have Mercury closest to the power supply.  This is because the fan is on that side of Pandora and will blow air on to the ADC, which can get rather warm.

I have traditionally put Excalibur between Mercury and Penny, just from the aspect of having the clock lines between those boards be shorter (whether this matters or not hasn't scientifically been proven).  Like you, I run Metis in the last board slot.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com