[hpsdr] Software Developer Looking to contribute

Simon HB9DRV simon at hb9drv.ch
Tue Jul 31 00:34:58 PDT 2012

Chris,

When I started with SDR three years ago one of the most interesting aspects
was the DSP. One important algorithm that does need investigating and
improving is NB (noise blanker), maybe modelling out the clicks from the raw
(IQ) data. (This can use a lot of CPU if not written correctly.)

Another feature I have to investigate is audio latency correction in a
client / server topology where the path between client and server is
changing. This is something SKYPE has addressed but they drop the bandwidth
whereas we wouldn't want to put up with reduced audio quality.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com http://dit-dit-dit.com

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around
you is a forest.
A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully. The sunspot count
is 285.