[hpsdr] Software Developer Looking to contribute

Glenn Thomas glennt at gbis.com
Tue Jul 31 01:18:42 PDT 2012

Hi Chris...

Perhaps some of these things already exist in some versions of s/w, but
I'll give you the benefit of my ignorance via the following suggestions:

1. Refactor PowerSDR (PSDR) to separate display processing from DSP
processing. Define and document the interface between them in a
sufficiently general manner that DSP/display processing can be mixed
&matched, possibly on multiple networked processors. The interface
definition should allow different display or DSP processes to replace
the PSDR derived software as desired. Possibly a single display process
can control multipleDSP processes.

2. Define the display widgets in such a way that he user can arbitrarily
select which widgets are used and where they are positioned in the
display page. Provide a way to save several such configurations. For
example, someone using a transverter may not need all the band selection
widgets. OR, perhaps a contester needs more display real estate for
logging software and would like to limit the display real estate used
for PSDR.

73 de Glenn wb6w