[hpsdr] Trouble upgrading from Ozy to Metis

Darrell Basinger darrell.basinger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:52:45 PDT 2012

I am experiencing similar difficulties as Wayde K3MF posted yesterday.
I am in the process of upgrading from Ozy to Metis. My PC is connected
directly to Metis. I have set a static address for the PC to
10.10.10.0. I have set Metis to 10.10.10.1.

In the bootloader mode I am able to read and write the Metis IP
address and read the Metis MAC address (00.09.46.05.E6.14). According
to the HPSDR Programmer dialog box I am able to successfully load the
current firmware versions; Metis 1.8, Mercury 3.2, and Penelope 1.7.

I am not able to see either Mercury or Penelope in the HPSDR
Programmer Discovery Mode and I receive an error opening Power
SDR/OpenHPSDR v 2.2.3; “Error starting HPSDR, is it connected and
powered?”.

What have I missed?

73, Darrell WW4F