[hpsdr] Raspberry Pi

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Mon Jun 18 05:32:26 PDT 2012

Hello!!!
 As we know from John experiments Raspberry Pi is too weak to handle all HPSDR soft. Mentioned before by Ken VIA MoBo will be empty shot, IMHO. Some time ago I found info about Intel plans to build Pico-ITX (10cmx10cm) size MoBo. More info here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/127903-watch-out-raspberry-pi-intel-unveils-ultra-small-next-unit-of-computing-pc
At a price 100$ it could be nice "brain" to build system without PC and more flexible as well.
Actually I have "blue dream" build old good transceiver look system on Hermes base with big touch screen (10.1'' for example) and knobs for VFO, RIT etc. But hardware job will be only half of way, next is to build suitable soft (PSDR, GHPSDR, Qt) for using with touch screen. My main thought is to split interface in tabs, because it's not necessary to access all buttons all the time. Main tab could hold only waterfall or spectrum, bands and modes switch to save more place for waterfall. Kind of similar projects project are mentioned in Russia ham forum CQHAM.ru. At least one guy build up self contained SDR box with screen, VFO and RIT knobs, etc. RA3PKJ made soft and hardware
to control PSDR independently from PC keyboard and mouse. Because there is main problem with PSDR, it's not possible to tune if PSDR window isn't active. As well to control PSDR with real knobs there should be interface between. I'm afraid straight forward using of RA3PKJ soft and hardware isn't possible, but with some code tuning it's real ;-)
 P.S. There are a lot of good IPS screens on Aliexpress for not so big prices. As well, some of them with touch screen. Just one thing, there are not suitable bezel for self built systems or at least I didn't find :-(
 So my thought... :-) Napoleon like :-))) But, why not!!!
Link to discussion SDR Monoblock: http://www.cqham.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=9742
It's in Russian, use Google translate or ask somebody ;-)

    73!!!                                                                                 Aivars.