[hpsdr] Hermes

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 09:29:03 PDT 2012

I was thinking the same thing as Frank. If I were only concerned with
getting the best bang for my buck, I'd probably just look at the commercial
options. In fact I was just about to click "submit" on an order for a Flex
3000 when a co-worker came in and told me about HPSDR, sometime last Fall. I
was very much attracted to the experimental possibilities of SDR, and I also
wanted high performance, so I quickly decided that HPSDR was the path for
me. My main concern was ensuring that I could get sufficient community
support after investing big bucks in an experimental radio project with no
guarantees. I had a good sense of that from the web page and mail list, and
my high expectations were only exceeded after taking the plunge. I'm amazed
and grateful for the level of commitment shown by the committers in this
project, and support I've received from that group and from general users
has been stellar. So when evaluating competition for an experimental radio
platform, the nature of the community is a critical factor in my judgment.

Mark - K4XML