[hpsdr] Expert Electronics of Russia (SunSDR2) in violation of the GPL

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Jun 28 06:49:47 PDT 2012

Right Aivars, look at http://www.qs1r.net and see how a fellow
in Estonia is selling a QS1R (Mercury) clone from Amsterdam <g>

I guess some of the sellers don't care for "English Law" and
just ignore it. One even copied the exact words from the N8VB
webpage!

Lets hope that SunSDR2 with "ExpertSDR" and ZS1SDR with "Zeus" software
all share their source if it was originally GPL.

73 de Ken N9VV
http://www.n9vv.com

On 6/28/2012 8:33 AM, Aivars Straupe wrote:

>      Give them time a bit ;-)  On Russian cqham.ru they stated, when
> developers will be back, they are going to publish source code. There
> will be separate page for soft and sources. But if I understood it right,
> there are a lot of violations of GPL around. And some enough famous
> developers cheat with it as well ;-) That is GPL dark side,
> they haven't some much money, as for example M$, to fight these cheaters.
WARNING: The solder used in this message contains lead,
a chemical known to the State of California to cause
birth defects and other reproductive harm. Please wash
hands after handling internal components and circuit boards
and avoid inhalation of fumes if heating the solder.