[hpsdr] Penelope - no RF

steve blackmore f5vjs at blackmore-marquis.org
Tue Mar 6 05:27:18 PST 2012

Peter,

I don't know if you are still having problems, but I had exactly the same
symptoms when I recently integrated Pennywhistle  (Only been using the
Radio for RX until now).

Radio would go to TX, relays clicking etc. but no output from Penelope, as
measured directly on Penelope's BNC connector.

The solution was to upgrade all the firmware to the versions listed on the
Downloads page: Ozy_Janus V2.1, Mercury V3.1 and Penelope V1.6

Initially I kept my original version of PowerSDR (V1.19...?? ) but with
this and the new firmware I had a horrible rumbling sound on RX, so I then
upgraded Power SDR to V2.2.3 and everything busrt into life. RX and TX all
OK.

73's

Steve