[hpsdr] Stuck for words... A possible explanation.

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Mar 7 08:10:10 PST 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 6:36 AM, Jeff Cook wrote:

> Last month I posted a message on the list entitled Stuck for Words, in which I bemoaned the difficulty I was having in posting even short messages onto this list, I may have stumbled upon the answer. It is my habit to dictate directly into Word, and then copy and paste into my e-mail client (Thunderbird). I just had the same experience i.e. my posting entitled Anomaly was rejected as being too large. So I sent exactly the same posting, but this time dictated directly into the e-mail client and it was accepted.

When you copy from Word, it pulls along a bunch of formatting information (like fonts, font sizes, bold, italic, etc) along with it.  When that's pasted into Thunderbird, it probably causes Thunderbird to go into RTF of HTML mail mode instead of plain text.  AFAIK this list only accepts plain text messages.  This also accounts for the increased size of your message; HTML and RTF are larger than the plain text alternatives.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com