[hpsdr] Getting PowerSDR to display SWR

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Thu Mar 8 11:45:27 PST 2012

Phil & HPSDR,

OK - took a look at the code and have some test code implemented - issue is
using real #'s in the Verilog environment for the FPGA; specifically - two
functions, square root and absolute value are needed to compute SWR
correctly from the current hardware configuration.  Another possibility is
if Voltage or Current can be extracted - then that would make the
calculation simpler.
>From some rough testing I did sending an SWR test value over vs. the
Reflected Power - looks like it was working.  To be sure I will want to
review the code for PowerSDR though.

73's,
John
AJ6BC