[hpsdr] Favorit soldering method ?

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Fri Mar 9 16:35:25 PST 2012

Hi Kjell,

What problems have you had with leaving solder paste around on a board a
long time?  I haven't experienced any, but I haven't on purpose left it
sitting out for a long time.  I have left the solder paste sitting out
for weeks without any problems.  Also, you can do multiple re-flows if
needed, but you have to cut your stencil up.  I can't make anything half
as nice as the re-flowed solder connections by hand.  We use homemade
stencils that are made on an LPKF engraving machine.  You can see a
couple of videos of my student using an ordinary toaster oven here
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWVUdBO0kg>.

I think we need to make these techniques more well known so that more
people will attempt and succeed on home made boards.

73,

Rob
KL7NA

--