[hpsdr] Using an HPSDR in the Commonwealth Contest

Andrew irbsurfing at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 16:02:54 PDT 2012

Hi Steve,

Nice report, I too have found the digital cw filters so much better than the old ringing analogue crystal filters - its a huge advantage.
Just wondering, were you calling or using 'search and pounce'? If the latter how did that work out? I was thinking that a boon for search and pounce operation would be if you could fix the centre frequency and tune around the panadapter window with VFO A without the waterfall shifting, keeping the history so that you can literally see when to pounce, don't know why Powersdr doesn't have that feature. The history in the waterfall is so useful. You can sort of do it with VFO B but its not quite so good as it would be with VFO A.

Andrew