[hpsdr] Strange behaviour of PowerSDR

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Sun Mar 25 21:05:24 PDT 2012

Note that this kind of "desktop bigger than the display" appears to be very
video-card specific -- I've tried to add it to this netbook manually but
most of the options I've found seem to involve trying to confuse the video
card long enough for it to offer the setting (the process being very
specific to the version of Windows).  I have looked into programs that
simulate the effect by moving the windows around when your mouse hits the
edge of the screen, but their look&feel demonstrate that they weren't
designed for this particular purpose (plus convincing PowerSDR to resize to
larger-than-screen seems to introduce a lot of window artifacts)

On my netbook I have no options other than 1024x600 when running in "Intel
mode", I have the option of 1024x768 in "Nvidia mode" (which I use a lot)
but it involves squishing pixels and makes the text slightly more difficult
to read.