[hpsdr] Transmitting with GHPSDR Standalone

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Fri Mar 30 08:03:54 PDT 2012

Hi John,

I don't know if you've had a chance yet to look at the ghpsdr-standalone CW
transmit function. But in the meantime here is a question for you or anyone
else who may know the answer.

Reference the following reply to my original post:

>> I just have checked the svn. In the ozy.c file of ghpsdr you could find
the support for cw transmission. it is in the function
process_ozy_input_buffr(). The same function is used for ozy

>> and for metis based communication.

>> 73, Jani HA5FT

Does this mean that I have to do some sort of configuration pertaining to
Ozy in the software? Since I have Metis and not Ozy, I only followed the
instructions from the README for setting up Metis, not Ozy. It doesn't seem
likely that setting up the file /etc/udev/rules.d, as mentioned for Ozy
setup will solve my problem. But I don't know what the implications are of
depending on a function in ozy.c while running Metis. Perhaps this is the
reason I'm unable to transmit CW.

Mark K4XML