[hpsdr] Firmware Update.

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu May 10 14:28:24 PDT 2012

Hi Jeff,

The Ozy_Janus_V2.2.rbf file needs to be placed in the same folder as the PowerSDR.exe file you are running (I think you are running PowerSDR).

In some versions of PowerSDR the executable file looks for a file simply named "Ozy_Janus.rbf", in which case you should rename the Ozy_Janus_V2.2.rbf file to Ozy_Janus.rbf and replace the existing Ozy file in your PowerSDR folder with the newly renamed one, but other versions of PowerSDR look for a differently named .rbf file (such as Ozy_Janus_V2.1.rbf, etc.), in that case you can simply rename your Ozy_Janus_V2.2.rbf file to whatever filename the current Ozy file is called.

When a new version of PowerSDR is released the developer puts the current version of Ozy_Janus in the folder.  However, when Ozy firmware gets updated (and if the PowerSDR version is not  also changed) the PowerSDR program still looks for the old version name for the Ozy firmware to load into Ozy/Magister at power up.

Probably, the simplest way for you to "fix" your immediate problem is to simply rename the new Ozy_Janus_V2.2.rbf to whatever name is assigned to your version of the Ozy firmware that is presently in the folder containing your PowerSDR.exe file and replace the existing Ozy file with the newly renamed one.

At some point the developer will update his release folder with the latest Ozy firmware version but even if he does that it would mean you would have to download the new PowerSDR folder to use it, of course.    The "fix" I suggested above doesn't require that you download a new PowerSDR folder.

73,  Joe K5SO