[hpsdr] Programming Help Needed

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun May 13 14:17:48 PDT 2012

First off, one should not have to apologize for posting a software
question on a software defined radio email a list.    What next?
Apologize for a vacuum tube question on a boat anchor list?

I think we need to see the big picture, full source code.   But
without that I'll make a guess:

Is this a scope issue?  Could it be you have more than one object
called "rcvr"  One with global scope and one visible only where it was
created?  The wrong one is getting set but you look for the result in
the correct one or vice versa.   I'm betting on this one

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Gordon & Lois Duff
<glduff at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I am struggling with a programming problem in my version of KISS.  I have a version that works and a version that doesn’t.  The problem appears to be happening in the SharpDSP (or FFTW) method that does the reverse FFT work.
>

> The program invokes the DoDSPProcess method in SharpDSP which eventually invokes a DoFFTReverseMain method.  The passed parameters are:
>

> // in: tmp_cpx_2 out: tmp_cpx_3
>
>        plan_rev_main = FFTW.dft_1d(size,
>
> h_tmp2.AddrOfPinnedObject(),
>
> h_tmp3.AddrOfPinnedObject(),
>
> FFTW.fftw_direction.Backward,
>
> FFTW.fftw_flags.Measure);
>

> I have two versions of my code.  One works fine.  The other returns a different tmp_cpx_3, even though the tmp_cpx_2 is the same.
>

> The two versions of my code differ in that the working version has rcvr created in the MainForm (the same as KISS) and the broken one has the MainForm create a RX object which in turn creates rcvr.
>

> Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?  Please reply off list.
>

> I apologize to those on the list who aren’t into this stuff, but I am at my wits end and don’t know where else to turn.
>

> Gordon, KA2NLM

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California