[hpsdr] Non-GPL FFT libraries?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon May 21 01:59:32 PDT 2012

>I'm... not as much of a fan of GPL as some people here would likely
>wish me to be, so this request is likely a bit controversial, but...
>The FFTW library from MIT is the most obvious library I've seen for FFT,
but
>it is greater-GPL-licensed. I know that some people here have been working
on
>non-GPL software (yes, I'm bringing up the Apple Store again) so I'm
curious
>as to what other libraries people have used and how they might compare to
each other.

Have a look at http://www.ssisc.org/fftss/index.html.en .  It's a very nice
FFTW "clone" in my experience.  I've recently shipped a commercial product
whose source code is mostly-but-not-entirely open, and FFTSS has been very
helpful for the proprietary hardware driver.

Some others are discussed at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/463181/c-c-fft-library-with-non-gpl-licen
se .

-- john, KE5FX