[hpsdr] Hermes BOM

Jim Gailer lists at kingstag.net
Wed Nov 7 03:33:11 PST 2012

Hi

I have discovered several errors in the BOM that I have not read of before.

I am using "1003_HERMES_PROD_BOM_FINAL.xls"

C13
The part number in the BOM buys a capacitor that is much too small for the
PCB (it seems that the earlier boards were correct in this respect). Can
anyone say what the correct component is please? How should the trap C13/L3
be adjusted, it seems to have a range about 43 to 96MHz?

U1
The BOM shows Digi-Key M25P16-VMW6G-ND which is a wide SOIC-8 part (in tube
packaging). The board has pads for the SOIC-8 which is Digi-Key
M25P16-VMN6TPCT-ND (cut tape), I don't know whether the wide part will fit.
Mouser have this part marked 'obsolete' by the way.

A number of resistors, value 0R, are fitted across pads that are already
shorted on the PCB. Presumably these can be left unfitted?

Regards and 73

Jim G3RTD