[hpsdr] Question about HPSDR - USB Protocol

Tom McDermott tom.mcdermott4 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 10:38:09 PST 2012

A quick question about the HPSDR - USB protocol for the Hermes module.

The document (USB_Protocol V.1.43) indicates that control register C0 has
a value of 0x02 (PTT = off) to program the Transmit NCO frequency via C1-C4,
and a value of 0x04 to select the Receive #1 NCO.

However, it appears that C0=0x02 programs the Receive NCO for the first receiver.
I verified this with Wireshark traces of KISS and PSDR. My code writes selecting
just one receiver:
    Programming just 0x04 does not appear to change the first receiver NCO.

    Programming just 0x02 does change the first receiver NCO.

So the question - is there a  documentation error for which NCOs are selected by
the value in C0?

-- Tom, N5EG