[hpsdr] KISS Issues...

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Nov 16 05:45:15 PST 2012

Dear all,
First, my apologies as the source code for KISS hasn't had an essential file for 'some
time', where 'some time' is a value that I cannot readily determine!

It has been missing the file 'app.config' in the Unified directory.  As of this morning,
this file is now in place in the development tree, but not yet in 'stable releases'.

However, the installer that is pointed to under 'latest' is fine for use, we think, except
it is version 1.1.22, but identifies itself when the app is run as 1.1.21.  My bad!

All these issues will be fixed shortly!  I'm working with Phil VK6APH and Bill Diaz KC9XG
to try to sort out an issue that seems to show when running Hermes (on their computers,
but NOT on mine!) with the 'fast connect' option checked.  Once I can figure out where the
' System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object' error/exception is occurring (by line number...), I will fix and post a
version 1.1.23 to the 'stable releases' area, and probably take down 1.1.21 and 1.1.22 as
they are NOT as 'stable' as one might wish them to be!

If anyone has these issues reproduced and can give me the line number in the function
Start() where the error is occurring, I'd be most appreciative!

And is anyone using KISS with an Alex?  If so, could you please tell me if the fwd and rev
power are correct for you?  Bill has reported discrepancies when using his ANAN-10 in
place of an Alex, so I'm trying to figure out if the issue is a KISS issue or not.

Again, my apologies!
73,
George K9TRV