[hpsdr] Hermes concerns not from me

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Fri Nov 23 14:18:24 PST 2012

>From Terry, WB4JFI
Just to make it clear, I was not the "Terry" that complained about the
Hermes documentation.

I also ordered a bare-board Hermes, and am collecting parts for it.
However, I understand that this is a hobby, and fixing issues is part of the
nature of being an early adopter.  I'd rather have a good design, and
hardware out there being experimented with, than waiting even longer for a
"perfect" set of documents.  Hermes had a long enough lead-time as it was,
waiting for some professional level of documents could have take another six
months.  I hope the other Terry shares his disparities/corrections with the
group, and not "at a cost".

I appreciate my present openHPSDR rig, and am looking forward to playing
with my Hermes once it is built.  Keep on HPSDR'ing!
73,
Terry, WB4JFI

PS:
I tried to send a reply to the other Terry and the HPSDR group, but it
hasn't shown up.  Ignore it if it comes.  I regularly have problems sending
replies to HPSDR, they rejected as being too long for some reason.  HTML
encoding is definitely turned OFF, so that's not it.
WB4JFI