[hpsdr] Hermes Initial results and TX Question

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Mon Nov 26 11:40:45 PST 2012

I just got my Hermes working on RX yesterday using PSDR 2.2.3.  I just
used it to tune 30M CW and I was quite impressed with the performance.
I did experience some erratic audio distortion on the CW note, but I
wasn't able to isolate the cause.

Also, the spectrum display (panadapter) would intermittently stop and
start.  I'm using a 3G, quad core computer and the CPU usage is quite
low.  So I'm a bit mystified by this behavior.  I just downloaded the
latest iteration of PSDR (2.2.5) and will see if there's any improvement.

Since there are separate connectors for RX and TX, is it assumed that
separate antennas will be used for RX and TX or is it necessary to add
an external T/R relay or switch?  Or have I missed something obvious
here?:-[

I'm much appreciative for the tips and discussions here on this
reflector that have made my introduction to the Hermes go relatively
smoothly.

73, Joe
K2XX