[hpsdr] Pennylane Revision question

Tom Arnold K6AET tom at k6aet.org
Mon Nov 26 13:02:45 PST 2012

Greetings!

I've searched around the various sites and read the documentation I could
find and I cannot seem to figure out which revision Pennylane board I have.

It has no silkscreened info on it.    I'm only even calling it a Pennylane
and not Penelope as it has no open toroids on it.  The layout looks fairly
close to the Pennylane pictures on the website except many parts aren't
there, for example looking at the picture on http://openhpsdr.org/penny.php,
the two yellow caps above right of the FPGA aren't there and no silkscreen
for them and over where the two variable caps are behind the 3.5mm jack ( I
can't read the names in this photo ), that area is empty.  No holes for
parts just a lot of blank realestate.

Pointers and info appreciated.

Thanks!