[hpsdr] cuSDR V0.3.1.1

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Sun Nov 4 05:16:22 PST 2012

G'day Herman,

Your welcome. We have to thank you for an outstanding CROSS-PLATFORM
application. I wish there were more developers supporting cross-platform
and POSIX compliant software development. Nevertheless, its worth
mentioning ghpsdr, ghpsdr3, qt-ghspdr, HPSDRProgrammer, which are
cross-platform compatible applications that come to my mind.

I've been using QT since early days on Windows and Unix alike and never
looked back. QtCreator and QtDesigner are just awesome.

Never done a package for Ubuntu before, but will look into it.

Here are my observations I made whilst using cuSDR64:

* Interfaces are only detected on startup of cuSDR, e.g. powering on
Metis/Hermes whilst cuSDR was already running will not show the new
interface in drop-down menu and hence won't detect Metis/Hermes on the
network

* Changing sampling rates on the fly doesn't work properly and has
caused cuSDR to crash at times.

* When selecting more than one receiver, only the main receiver will
work under Ubuntu. The other displays show up, but won't produce a
signal.

* The step rate selection area within the frequency display is very
small making it difficult to change frequency step rate

* Option Dither appears to be working, but I can't see option Rand to
produce a result that is noticeable. Perhaps I don't fully understand
its proper use?

* Clicking at moderately slow speed inside receiver spectrum display to
effect change of frequency will invoke radio control panel. I like this
feature, but found it annoying as it gets in the way when scanning the
spectrum this way. Ok, I could use the wheel on the mouse... :-)

* Fonts don't look that bad, but menus are squashed together at smaller
window sizes making it hard to identify and select button. A minimum
size directive and use of a scrollable area may be a better way?

Ok, now that I had my whine, I have to confess that I'm a big fan of
cuSDR!!!!

Please keep up your good work and let me know if I can be of any
assistance.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN