[hpsdr] VNA group buy

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Tue Nov 6 12:28:57 PST 2012

Dave,

After looking at the parts required beyond the group buy I have decided
to proceed on my own, so please remove my name from the group buy.

I have found a substitute for the Mini-Circuits T1-1-13 Bauln - Mouser
P/N 37-MABA010125TC1113 $2.97.

I have put up a set of parts lists for all 4 of the Wetterlin bridges on
my page [at the bottom]
http://k9ivb.net/hermes/

The easiest way to "break apart" pcb material is to v score both sides
of the pcb and snap off.  Be cautious of sawing due to fiberglass dust.
A big metal shear also works, but most do not have access.  I usually
use a utility knife to score, but have used a router with a big vacuum
to make a small v.  It is also prudent to fully support both sides in a
clamping arrangement when snapping the boards.

The simplest method would be to just minimize the 4 circuits down to
only the two boards in the 3 bead version and order those.  Then each
person could separate the two pieces.  You could add extra drill holes
between the boards to simplify the snapping - doubt that Express PCB
does the fancy routing for elongated holes.

Another approach would be to stretch the 2 boards and connect the
grounds so the brass strip was not needed and order the required number.

I am going to order the 4 board version from Express PCB and build 3 of
the units.

73, Dick K9IVB