[hpsdr] Questions re internal and external LPF on Penelope, Penny Lane and Hermes

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Wed Nov 7 02:13:18 PST 2012

  Hi Kjell,

Thanks for you response. I realize that any time a PA is used that all
bets are off, and almost certainly an appropriate external LPF will be
needed.

You mentioned that the 2nd and 3rd harmonics are only -30 dBc on 20
meters.  This means a LPF will be required even without a PA, unless I
can claim I installed my Hermes prior to Jan 1, 2003 :).  Oh well, I
guess I'll have to wait until I've had the time to hack my amp before I
can test the transmit path.

I'm assuming that the harmonics on 20 meter were better than -43dB on
Penelope. I'm a little surprised things are so much worse on Hermes, but
ultimately that is not really important since the solution is simple and
fairly standard.

Thanks,

John
AC0ZG