[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes and ApacheLabs ANAN-10 combination. Help with Soldering solicited.

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Sun Nov 11 10:54:02 PST 2012

Hi Larry

Ian's advice is good and should be quite adequate for soldering just the
2 parts.  If you are nearsighted [like me] take off your glasses and get
as close as necessary to focus on the parts.  It is imperative that you
have a clean bright soldering tip every time you solder a joint so use a
damp sponge or cloth to wipe the tip.
Be sure to have a bright overhead light to eliminate shadows

If you can make it to MISSOULA  there is a Harbor Freight store that has
inexpensive dental picks, tweezers, hemostats and various magnifiers
that would also be helpful.  I use the dental picks to position the SMT
parts instead of tweezers.  In some cases you need tweezers that are
normally closed to hold a part for examination or transfer to the pcb.

Dick K9IVB