[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes and ApacheLabs ANAN-10 combination. Help with Soldering solicited.

Ian Guffick iguffick at iee.org
Sun Nov 11 06:33:31 PST 2012

Hi Larry,

You should be able to hand solder the surface mount SMA connectors with
just a pair of tweezers and a normal iron.
Tin the PCB pad for the centre pin, then with your iron on the pad move the
connector into place with the tweezers, remove the iron and hold the
tweezers in place until cool enough to hold the part. You can then solder
the two outer pads quite easily. Be careful with the orientation, look at
the underside of the connector to see which side has the centre connection.
A small magnifier can help in deciding orientation.

Regards,
Ian G7JXY.