[hpsdr] Hermes/ANAN-10 RX spurious signals?

Dick Lichtel dick221z at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:40:28 PST 2012

Using a bit of brass to make a 2" deep shield placed in the slot above
the Hermes board reduces the 10MHz signal to about S3. The shield has to
be grounded.

I fashions a smaller piece to fit precisely over the 10MHz area of the
board  and that reduced the signal to about an S3, however with this
attempt had holes for the the 3 jumper to fit thru, so they were  not
covered.This shield also has to be grounded.

I then  covered the jumpers  with foil tape (grounded to the shield) and
the signal was reduced to  less than S1.

I am using double sided tape for an insulator between the brass and the
board ( I'm not sticking the tape to any components). I am using a thin
piece of brass shim material from ACE hardware. The shim material is
easy to work with since it can be cut with scissors or an knife.

Now that I know what the shape of the shield needs to be, it should be
easy to use a piece single sided PCB as well.

Once I get this cleaned up, I'll see if the same approach will work on
the 25MHz oscillator.

Dick KD4JP