[hpsdr] Fwd: Roll Your own Hermes Enclosure

Ian Guffick iguffick at iee.org
Mon Nov 26 09:51:52 PST 2012

Hi John,

I'm glad you found both mine and Dick's drawings useful. I had
enlarged the LAN connector opening to allow the spring grounding hooks
to fit into the hole. From experience this is usually necessary to
prevent undue force on the connector when trying to put it through a
front panel hole. However, I had a bare Hermes board that was
partially built, so I hadn't realised that the connector doesn't
protrude through at all.
I'll amend my drawing to suit. Thanks for the feedback.

Your front/rear panels look great. Thanks for sharing your pictures
and FPD files.

Regards,
Ian G7JXY.