[hpsdr] New version of Hermes VNA PC code available

Kurt Tausch Kurt_Tausch at t-online.de
Mon Oct 1 01:57:34 PDT 2012

Hi Phil,All,

Tanks for the new beta code of Hermes VNA.

Version 1.3 with the new installer works fine now on XP and Win7.

I have made various messurements in transmission- and reflection mode. Once calibrated correctly , messurement results are highly accurate. Even calibratingfile relod (retrieve? ) from previous safed calibration works fine now.

I messured the transmission on a 7.6Mhz bandstopp filter (quartz notch filter) within the dynamic range of >110dB.

For messurements in reflection mode I have been using an old Hewlett-Packard 8741A Reflection Test Unit as well as home made bridges. (with rather pur directivity).

There seems to be still a bug in the display scaling Y-Axis. The displayed graph sometimes changes when I repeat several messurements with one DUT. In both modes , transmission and reflection.

I have not tested all options  aviable of  Hermes VNA so far, will do more tests  soon.

Thank you Phil and all involved in developing the VNA it looks very promising.

Kurt

DL9SM