[hpsdr] New version of Hermes VNA PC code available

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Oct 1 02:11:26 PDT 2012

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for you feedback and glad you find the VNA code useful.  George, K9TRV, has found a bug in the code where I am not collecting the samples from Hermes correctly – this is the reason that the display graph changes when you repeat the same measurement.

Today I added the feature so you can mouse over values on the graph and read the value at that point – just like with the Smith Chart.  Once we have the fix for collecting the samples I’ll release the new version of PC code.

Can you please check the Phase display, I’m not sure that the Maths is correct here since I get very little phase change over a wide frequency range.

I also find the VNA very accurate but Hermes needs to run for about 15 minutes so the results are stable.

Please send me some of your saved Measure files so I can view your results also

73 Phil....VK6APH