[hpsdr] Hermes Power connector question

kb3omm kb3omm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:21:26 PDT 2012

Hermes arrived today! Yay!!

Downloaded the manual "Hermes V1.6 --
English<http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Hermes/Documentation/Hermes_User_Manual_V1.6.pdf>"
from the HPSDR - Document site, to make the power connector.

The documentation appears to conflict with the board as shipped.

J10 connector is on the bottom of the board, not the top as shown in the
annotated photograph on Page 7.

The traces from J10 Pins 1 and 4, to the pads on SW1 appear to be crossed
over on the board as shipped vs. the photograph.

The board has a square pad opposite of pin 1, where my experience a square
pad indicates pin 1. According to the Document the in with the square pin (
closest to the edge of the board)  would would be Pin 4.

Please confirm if the document is correct or in error. I don't want to
insert the 13.8V into the 12V line and damage the board.

73, Kevin kb3omm