[hpsdr] Solder paste question

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sat Oct 6 08:50:05 PDT 2012

So far we're talking about 2 different products.

Us old timers remember a product called solder paste (sks flux) which was
for soldering, but contained no solder. Typically we used rosin core
solder and didn't use the paste alone for electronic soldering.  The paste
was typically used for plumbing work.  This was all prior to lead free
solder.

Surface mount brought a true solder paste onto the market.  As I
understand it, this is a combination of solder and the 'paste'.

The product from Home depot mentioned by John contains no solder.