[hpsdr] caution with cal routine

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Oct 11 06:58:01 PDT 2012

Hi Helmut,

That's interesting.  Thank you for your testing.  I don't have a PennyLane here to test with so I appreciate the feedback.  Personally, I always elect to use less than 100% for the Calib Target value when running the automatic PA Gain Calibration routine.

RRR, I understand your position.  It is good to always keep in mind that all of the various HPSDR software/firmware in this project is offered as "user-be-aware" software/firmware programs.  Of course it is impossible to write software and firmware that will be optimum for all of the myriad hardware configurations and external amplifiers that people will have and will try, but we still try nonetheless.

Thanks again for the tests.

73,  Joe K5SO