[hpsdr] ADC overload problems.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Mon Oct 15 02:48:29 PDT 2012

Thank you for your replies and suggestions as to how to go about fixing
my ADC problem.

Shel, my antennas are certainly exceedingly modest, one could almost say
ludicrous; but the combination of a typically small English garden and
neighbours that don't like the sound of ham radio dictates that things
be as they are.  It's useful to know that one can hang an extremely long
long wire onto Mercury without sending it berserk.

Dave, thank you for the KK suggestion, it would seem that KK has not yet
caught up with the latest firmware versions and when I try to run it,
the system does flag up a wrong firmware warning.

John, your suggestion of the 3 element HP filter sounds very interesting
and I would certainly be grateful for any details that you can send to me.

Greg, your suggestion of using an oscilloscope to look for signs of
excessive life is also interesting, and I will give that a try.

Plenty of food for thought from you guys, for which thank you.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.